Aldi Advance is an exclusive scholarship, developed by Aldi and Rare, to provide exceptional Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) students with a high level of financial support, and unique access to the Aldi Industrial Placement scheme. Aldi is the fastest growing supermarket in the country today and regularly jostles for the top spot in the Times Top 100 ‘Best Graduate Employers.’ The scholarship is open to first and second year BME students interested in a career in management.
Aldi Advance scholars will receive:
- An award of £3,000 per academic year (excluding the Industrial Placement year)
- £25,000 salary on the guaranteed Industrial Placement at Aldi
- An Aldi Brand Ambassador role at your university
What does the industrial placement offer?
The main benefit will of course be the chance to learn about retail. This is an invaluable insight into how we tick; how we’ve changed from being just ‘a discount store’ into one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. What’s more, when someone gives you the keys to a store and says ‘you’re in charge’, you tend to learn rather a lot about yourself. Do you panic and run away screaming? Or do you find your retail backbone, drum up support from the rest of the team and lead your store to victory?
While it’s true we ask a lot of our people, we also reward them well. We offer a £25,000 salary for the 12 months you spend with us. You’ll also receive 20 days’ annual leave, on top of Bank Holidays. And if it all goes well, you’ll have the chance to apply for (big drum roll)… our award-winning Area Manager Training programme.
What would be the benefit for students?
The Aldi Industrial Placement is perfect for degree students who are fascinated by retail and hungry for progression. With a great mix of theory and hands-on experience, this year-long programme gives individuals a rare snapshot of life at Aldi, with the possibility of applying to join our Area Manager programme.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- You must be a BME student on a four-year degree, yet to complete an industrial placement
- You will need to be working towards a 2.1 in your degree
- You must hold a Full UK driving licence and have access to a car for the Industrial Placement year
- You must be authorised to work in the UK, and able to substantiate this by holding a British, EU or EEA passport, or have a visa or other authorised document, as stated by the Home Office (specifically List A or List B), confirming you have the right to work in the UK. Please note, Aldi does not currently sponsor work permits, and work permits for other organisations are unacceptable proof of right to work in the UK for Aldi
- You need to be flexible to work in either the Chelmsford or Middleton area
- You must be able to manage being an Aldi Brand Ambassador alongside your university work
- You should be able to provide evidence of holding a position of leadership
The deadline for applications is 19th January 2015.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, follow the links:
If you have already applied via the main Aldi website, please contact email@example.com with name and contact details. This way your original application can be retrieved from Aldi and put through the Aldi Advance Scheme instead.