Our 1:1 appointments provide a quick and effective response to your queries. Our trained and professional advisors offer appointments in the following areas:
- Student finance and welfare
- Employability and careers
- Disability issues
- Counselling, mental health and wellbeing
Step-by-step guide to booking an appointment through MyGateway
Login to MyGateway by going to https://mygateway.dmu.ac.uk/students/login and logging in as a current student or if you are a graduate clicking on the graduate option.
To apply for face-to-face counselling, you will first need to complete our application form.
To do this, go to:
- MyGateway Home: scroll down and read the counselling and coaching information box
- Complete the registration form
- Select the application form for the service you need from the menu
- Complete and submit your form
If you wish to book a different kind of appointment, skip to Step 3.
Click on the Appointments tab from the menu.
If you know which advisor you want an appointment with, you can choose from the list of consultants. If you do not want an appointment with a specific advisor leave this field as – All Consultants –
Choose from the list of option from the What would you like to talk about? menu.
Choose which day you would like an appointment on from the calendar. You can see how many appointments are available on each day.
You will then be able to choose from the available appointments on that day for a time that suits you. Please be aware that if you are trying to book a careers appointment, the:
- Careers & Employability (Central), Faculty Specific Clinic, Money and Welfare, Disability Issues, and Mental Health appointments are all available to book up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Careers & Employability (Central) – Release on the day appointments will only become available to book at 9am on the day of the appointment.
To book an appointment click on View Appointment next to the relevant time.
You will then be able to see more details about the appointment, like the date and time of the appointment; who the appointment is with; where the appointment is taking place and what types of appointments are available (e.g. Face-to-Face or Telephone appointments). Click on Book Appointment to finalise your booking.
You will then see the Book Appointment window pop up which will contain a failure to attend warning and inform you that you will be able to cancel the appointment up to an hour before the appointment.
You will then be able to finalise the booking by choosing:
- How would you like to attend this appointment? Either Face-to-Face or via telephone.
- You will also have the option to change what you would like to talk about or choose multiple options by holding Ctrl and choosing more than one.
- Adding any Additional Comments (optional) that you think the Careers advisor should know or may help them (up to 500 Characters).
- Adding any Attachments (optional) such as CVs, Cover Letters, Personal Statements and Application Forms, so that the Careers advisor can have a look at them before the appointment and prepare any feedback.
Once you have filled in all the relevant information, click the Save Booking button.
You will be informed that you are booked into the appointment and you will also receive a confirmation email. You will also be informed that Failure to attend or Failure to give adequate notice will lead to you being marked as absent and may affect your ability to access our services if this happens on three or more occasions.
Please attend the appointment on time, having done any preparation needed for that appointment. Remember to bring any relevant paperwork. If you do arrive late for your appointment, please be aware that you will only have the remainder of the allocated appointment time left with the advisor which may not be sufficient to deal with your enquiry and you may be advised to book another appointment.