A guest post written by Aislinn Brennan of Reed.
If you’re close to finishing your degree or you’re on your summer break there is a good chance you will be looking for a temporary or permanent job. When exploring your options, the question may come up: is it better to apply through a recruiter or approach the company directly?
There are many unknown advantages to applying via a recruitment agency.
Here are the top 5 reasons to work with Reed Scientific:
- Your CV is more likely to be seen by the hiring manager. An employer receives an average of 250 applications for every job advert. He or she will spend 5-7 seconds looking at a CV. When your CV matches the requirements of a role your recruiter will not only make sure your CV is seen by the employer but will also discuss your experience and skills with them, supporting your application.
- You get the advice needed to improve your employability. Recruiters know the market. In addition to CV and application guidance your specialist consultant will provide pre-interview support, including an overview of prospective employers based on their knowledge of the company.
- You will have access to multiple opportunities through one point of contact. Recruiters keep you updated on relevant vacancies. They provide you with information on the market and discuss the different opportunities you can access with your experience – even if it’s a career path you may not have considered.
- You have constant support whilst you are looking for work. Recruiters help you apply to the right roles and give you last minute advice before an interview. They chase for feedback and negotiate offers on your behalf. They will also call companies on your behalf to see if they have suitable vacancies in their teams.
- And it is all for free! Most recruitment agencies (including us) provide their services completely free of charge for candidates.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or join us on our LinkedIn page for further tips and advice. To find our more about how Reed recruitment works, click the images below for a full-size version of our candidate approach document: